Q: What's black, white and read all over? A: A newsprint manicure!
I saw this "Newsprint Manicure" over at A Pretty Penny, who had gotten the idea from The Daily Nail. They both transferred words onto their nails via a newspaper. I thought the idea was so cute, and I wanted to recreate it. Rather than words, I thought a Garfield comic from the newspaper would be fun to try. I will definitely reattempt this, as I am not the best at doing my own nails, however, I hope you get the idea from my...ahem...not so beautiful pictures! Anyways, this is actually really easy to do, but it might take some practice. To recreate your own newsprint manicure....
You Will Need:
- A light, no-shimmer polish
- 10 strips of newsprint
- 70% Rubbing Alcohol
- Top Coat
You Will Need To:
- Apply two coats of your nail color.
- Allow the polish to dry thoroughly.
- Dip your nail into the rubbing alcohol for a few seconds.
- Place the newsprint strip on top of your nail, and press it down lightly to transfer the ink.
- Pull the strip away and repeat on all fingers.
- Apply the top coat.