10. It rains presents. "Ohh, for me!? You shouldn't have!"
9. It's the perfect justification for those new pair of shoes. Hey, you deserve to treat yourself to a present. Or two. Or five. Whatever. No one is counting. It's your birthday.
8. All of a sudden, you are popular on Facebook. That's right. Friends, non-friends, strange dude you don't even know, blowing up your wall with HBD. For a second there, you almost forgot what a notification was. Thumbs up to everyone for making you feel cool.
7. Tummy, thighs, butt, legs, and chin, say hello to my caloric friend. Frosting.
6. Of course, no birthday cake would be complete without candles to make a wish. So, close your eyes, think really hard, and wish for more wishes.
5. Another year older should mean another year wiser. Of course, the obligatory word here is should. And guys, we already know you are five years behind on the maturity scale.
4. It's P-A-R-T-Y time. So put on your hat and hope for a surprise. But, please, whatever you do, do not throw yourself your own surprise party. That would be totally lame. Or totally awesome. I don't know. I'm not sure yet.
3. You have an excuse for everything. Well, almost everything. Case in point:
Me: "Husband, will you go to jazzercise with me tonight?"
Husband: "No, I'm tired."
Me: "But it's my birthday," I say, as I look up at him with big, pouty eyes.
Husband: "You're birthday isn't until Satruday."
Me: "OK, it's my birthday Saturday. Doesn't change the fact that it's my birthday." (*Wink*)
Husband: "Well, let's just go on Saturday then."
Me: "But, what better way to celebrate my coming into the world, tonight, than with an extraordinary display of jazz hands?"
Husband: "I'm not going to jazzercise with you."
Me: "But it's my-"
Which brings us to number two:
2. It's your party and you can cry if you want to.
And, the number one reason why birthdays rule is:
1. If all else fails, suck all of the helium out of your birthday balloons and sing yourself a happy birthday, champ.